If you love to bet on sports, then you’ll be happy to know that this is one of the first regions in the world where you can legally bet on sports. Newfoundland has its own unique history, with residents speaking their own dialect of English as well as French. The province is most commonly recognized for its distinct fishing and whaling industries. With a rich history like that, there is no wonder why online betting sites are now available for Newfoundlanders! There are many sites that offer legal sports betting from within the province. To help aid your search, here is a list of all the best places to find online sports betting in Newfoundland.
Top 10 Best online Sports Betting Sites in Newfoundland
Is Newfoundland sports betting legal?
Yes, sports betting is fully legal in Newfoundland. The province has been recognized as the first region in Canada to offer online sports betting. The history of sports betting in the province dates back to the early 20th century when it was legal to bet on horse races. There have been a few attempts to regulate sports betting in Newfoundland in the past, but all were unsuccessful. The most recent sports betting legislation was introduced in 2011. This legislation legalized sports betting within the province, but it also created restrictions on who could offer sports betting. These rules prevented residents of Newfoundland from betting on sports with international websites. The rules have since been altered a few times, but they have always focused on offering sports betting to residents of Newfoundland. Sports betting has always been fully legal in Newfoundland.
How to start betting in Newfoundland?
Newfoundlanders can bet on sports online from within their own province on several websites. The first step to betting on these sites is to create an account. You can do this by providing basic personal information such as your name, email address, and phone number. You will then be asked to create a username and password. You’ll also be given the option to create a login with your Facebook or Google account. After creating an account, you can fund it with money by either depositing funds or transferring money from an existing bank account. You can start betting on sports once your account is funded. Depending on the site you choose, there may be other account requirements, such as a minimum deposit amount. Once you’re ready to place a bet, you can do so from within your account.
The best offers and bonuses in Newfoundland
Before you choose a sports betting site, pay attention to the bonuses they offer you.
- Most online betting sites offer new players a sign-up bonus. This is a one-time bonus that you receive for creating an account. The amount of the sign-up bonus varies from site to site.
- Some sites also offer weekly or monthly bonuses. These bonuses are offered on a schedule, and you are eligible to receive them as long as you bet a certain amount of money.
- Other sites offer deposit bonuses. These are bonus funds that you receive each time you deposit into your account.
- One of the most important things to look for when researching betting sites is what types of bonuses they offer. You will want to find sites that provide you with many ways to earn extra bonus funds.
Mobile sports betting in Newfoundland
Mobile sports betting is legal in Newfoundland. You can bet on sports from the comfort of your phone or tablet. You can do this by downloading a sports betting app from any of the sites listed in this article. Many sites have apps that work on both iOS and Android devices. If you don't see your device listed, you can still bet on sports by accessing the site through your mobile browser. Whether you want to bet on sports from your phone or computer, you can do so in Newfoundland. What's more, many sites allow you to bet from any country, as long as you are at least 18 years old. You just need to make sure that you comply with all applicable laws in your country.
Quick Facts: Betting on Sports in Newfoundland
We have prepared some interesting and useful facts for you about sports betting in Newfoundland:
- There is a limit of $19,000 per year on the amount a person can spend on sports betting.
- Sportsbooks are only allowed to accept bets on sports that are played in Canada, or on sports that are played abroad but are broadcast in Canada.
- There is a $500 a year limit on how much money a person can spend on online casino games.
- There is a $50 a year limit on how much money a person can spend on daily fantasy games.
Pros and Cons of Betting on Sports in Newfoundland
There are some Pros and Cons of sports betting in Newfoundland:
- The biggest plus of betting on sports in Newfoundland is that it is legal! With the SBIA, sports betting in Canada is more accessible than ever before.
- There is no tax on your winnings in Newfoundland. This is great news for anyone who bets on sports.
- The main drawback of betting on sports in Newfoundland is that it is only available for residents. Visitors to the province are not able to bet on sports online.
- You are limited to betting on sports in Canada or sports played internationally but broadcasted in Canada.
- You can only bet on an unlimited amount of sports if they are played in the NHL, NBA, or MLB.
What age do you have to be to bet on sports in Newfoundland?
Anyone who is under the age of 18 is not legally allowed to bet on sports in the province of Newfoundland.
Can you bet on sports in Newfoundland with US currency?
You can bet on sports in Newfoundland using US currency, but you’ll need to deposit funds into an online sportsbook account beforehand.
What sports can you bet on in Newfoundland?
You can bet on any sports played in Canada or any sports played internationally but broadcasted in Canada.