There are few things that capture the attention of gamers like eSports. These virtual competitions have taken the world by storm, with millions of people tuning in to watch their favorite online characters battle it out in a one-on-one setting. Sure, there are plenty of opportunities for viewers to watch streaming services such as Twitch and YouTube on demand, but the rise of eSports has also triggered the creation of betting sites focused solely on virtual battles. Here you’ll find a complete list of all the best sites for betters who want to make money from eSports. This article covers everything you need to know about betting on digital competitions: from major events and small tournaments to trustworthy sites where you can wager on eSports. Ready… Let’s begin!
Best eSports Betting Sites in Canada (December 2023)
Is Esports Betting Legal in Canada?
Thankfully, yes! There’s currently no federal law in Canada that bans online gambling. That means if you’re a Canadian citizen, you have every right to make wagers on any betting site in your country. However, there is a difference between accessing a site and being able to deposit and withdraw money. The only provinces where you can place real money bets online are British Columbia, Ontario, and Newfoundland and Labrador. That leaves a majority of the country with restricted access to real money betting sites. What you can do is explore virtual wagering options.
How to bet on esports from Canada
If you’re just getting started with online betting, the process is pretty similar across all sites. First, you’ll need to sign up for an account on an online sportsbook. Once you’ve created your account, you’ll be prompted to deposit money into your account. This can be done with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or with a debit or credit card. After you’ve funded your account, you’ll be able to browse through the site’s eSports section. Here you can find a list of upcoming events and a variety of wagering options. Once you’ve found a match that interests you, you can place a wager and wait for the results.
Esports Betting Types
There are five types of bets you can make on eSports: Match, Tournament, Outcome, Parlay, and Prop Bets. Let’s break down each type of bet you can make on eSports:
- Match Betting: For this type of bet, you select which team will win a certain match. The match must take place between two teams playing against each other.
- Tournament Betting: This type of bet is similar to match betting, but you’re wagering on which team will win a tournament.
- Outcome Betting: This type of bet is similar to tournament betting, but you’re wagering on which team will finish in a certain position.
- Parlay Betting: A parlay is a type of sports betting in which you select multiple outcomes to win and then place a single bet that includes all of those outcomes. In esports, a parlay is a single wager on two or more outcomes with the same team winning each outcome. For example, you might select a team to win two matches and then place a single parlay bet on those two matches returning with that team winning both. If the team wins both matches, you win the parlay bet. If the team loses either match, you lose the bet.
- Prop Bets: A prop bet is a type of wager where you select an outcome in a particular event and then place a wager based on something related to the selected outcome. For example, you might select a team to win a match and then place a prop bet on how many kills that team will get in the match. If the team you select gets less kills than the prop bet, you lose the wager. If the team gets more kills than the prop bet, you win the wager.
Esports betting sites accepting players from Canada
There are several reliable sites for esports betting that accept Canadian players. You can find our list of recommended sites. These sites have received positive reviews from players for a range of factors including:
- Wide variety of betting options,
- Responsive customer service,
- Trustworthy and secure payment methods,
- User-friendly website and mobile app,
- Competitive betting odds.
Once you sign up for an account at one of these top esports betting sites, you’ll be able to wager on a variety of events as soon as you’re verified as a player. The most popular events for esports betting include:
- League of Legends (LoL),
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO),
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
- Dota 2,
Tips for online esports betting
Esports betting is a fun and exciting part of the gaming world. However, there are a few tips that every bettor should keep in mind. First, remember to always bet what you can afford to lose. No one wants to end up with a big loss, but it’s important to remember that this is a risk that comes with any form of betting. Always read the rules and regulations of any tournament you want to bet on. There are plenty of small competitions that are just as exciting as the big tournaments. You can bet on these and make a profit just as easily. And don’t forget to keep an eye on trends and team lineups. You don’t need to know everything about each game or esports title, but you should be familiar with the major teams and players. This will help you make more accurate predictions.
What is esports?
Esports is short for electronic sports. It refers to any multiplayer video game that is played competitively. These virtual battles are watched by millions of people every year, with prize pools often reaching millions of dollars.
How many people bet on esports?
Millions of people bet on esports every year. This is partly due to a rise in the popularity of esports events, but it’s also because more and more sites are accepting wagers on these virtual battles.
What is the best esports betting site?
There is no one best esports betting site. You should always pick the site that best suits your needs and offers the best odds and payouts. For a list of the best sites for esports betting in Canada, see our article.
What is the best esports betting site for beginners?
If you’re new to esports betting, you don’t want to jump straight into betting on the biggest tournaments. Start small and work your way up. Choose a tournament that isn’t featured on every site and look for value.