There’s no denying that the rise of legal and regulated sports betting has been a game-changer for all involved. More fans than ever are interested in placing a few bucks on their favorite team, the once black market has become a multi-billion dollar enterprise, and states have seen substantial benefits from legalizing and regulating sports betting. However, not every state has jumped on board with this new wave of sports betting. Currently, only about half of U.S. states have legal and regulated sports betting — but that may be about to change very soon. In fact, by the end of this article you’ll probably be able to guess which state is next in line to take things even further than they currently have! If you think it might be Louisiana, then you’re right! In February 2019, Governor John Bel Edwards signed a bill into law making it possible for casinos in the state to offer more types of games such as Sports Betting, Fantasy Sports Betting and Social Gaming. The bill also allows video lottery terminals (VLTs) at horse tracks to offer more games like Blackjack Switch or Carribean Stud Poker. The governor said he believes these changes will open up “a whole new market” for casino gaming operators across the state while also helping create new jobs with higher wages in rural areas where those opportunities are most needed.
Top 10 Best online Sports Betting Sites in Louisiana
Is Louisiana sports betting legal?
Yes it is! Louisiana is one of the handful of states across the country that already has legalized sports betting. In fact, the state has had legal sports betting since August 2018, making it one of the earliest adopters of the new market! This is thanks to The Louisiana Gaming Control Board (LGCB) which received the go-ahead to begin regulating sports betting, casino games, and daily fantasy sports all in mid-2018. Since then, the state has seen a steady surge in interest, with sportsbooks such as FanDuel and DraftKings choosing to open up shop in the Bayou State.
How do I start betting in Louisiana?
First, you need to choose a sportsbook where you want to open an account. We recommend that you check out our sportsbook reviews first to see which sportsbook is best suited for your goals. Once you find a sports book you like, you can open an account by following a few simple steps:
- Choose the type of account you want to open: "cash" or "play".
- Choose your preferred method of funding your account.
- Provide your personal information.
- Read the terms and conditions of the sports club.
- Agree with the terms and conditions of the sports club.
- Make your first deposit and start betting!
Best offers and bonuses in Louisiana
The best offers and bonuses in Louisiana differ based on the sportsbook you choose to bet at. Some sportsbooks offer a cash bonus that must be wagered a certain number of times before you can withdraw it. Other sportsbooks offer free bets that don’t have to be wagered. The best sportsbooks offer a combination of both a sign-up bonus and free bets. These sportsbooks allow new customers to bet a certain amount without risking their own money. The best sportsbooks offer between $50 and $100 worth of free bets. Many sportsbooks also have loyalty rewards programs that reward frequent customers with additional bonuses and cash back. You can usually find out more information about a sportsbook’s bonus and loyalty programs by clicking on the “Promotions” or “Affiliates” links in the sidebar.
Mobile sports betting in Louisiana
Since Louisiana sports betting is still new, there might not be a ton of apps available yet. However, we expect a lot of sports betting apps to be released in Louisiana soon as the demand for sports betting increases. Most sportsbooks offer apps for both Android and iOS devices. Check to see if your sportsbook app is available on both Android and iOS devices. If it is, then you should be able to use the app to bet in Louisiana.
Tips for betting in Louisiana
Here are a few tips and tricks for those looking to get started on sports betting in Louisiana:
- Make sure you understand how sports betting works. There’s a lot more to sports betting than just picking a winner, so make sure you know how you get paid, and how odds work!
- Be selective with which sports you bet on. Breadth is important in sports betting, but it’s also important to focus on your strength. Pick the sports you know best, and the ones you can commit to watching regularly.
- Try to avoid bet chasing and bet piling. Both of these are bad habits that can quickly get you in a ton of trouble if you’re not careful.
- Go easy on the juice. This is especially important when you’re betting on sports, as you can really lower your expected return by getting greedy.
- Don’t forget to have fun!
Pros and Cons of Betting on Sports in Louisiana
Betting on sports in Louisiana has many advantages, but there are also a few disadvantages. Let's take a closer look at them!
The pros of betting on sports in Louisiana include:
- Easy access. You can bet on sports from the comfort of your home or on the go if you have internet access.
- Huge variety. There are tons of sports to bet on and many different ways to bet.
- Emerging industry. Since legal sports betting is rapidly gaining popularity, there is every chance that it will be a profitable occupation for years to come.
- Good for beginners. If you are just starting out in sports betting, Louisiana is a great place to start because the sports betting market is new and the industry is still largely unregulated.
Cons of sports betting in Louisiana include:
- There is no guarantee that you will win. Sports betting is not win-win, and there is always the risk that you could lose your bet.
- A lot of competition. There are many people who bet on sports, and many of them are really good at what they do. This can lead to very stiff competition.
- It is easy to get carried away. It is important to remember that sports betting is a type of gambling, which means that it can quickly become addictive.
What is the Legal Age to bet on sports in Louisiana?
The legal age to bet on sports in Louisiana is 21. There are exceptions for younger people in certain situations, but anybody under the age of 21 is not allowed to bet on sports in Louisiana.
Is Daily Fantasy Sports Legal in Louisiana?
Yes, daily fantasy sports (DFS) is legal in Louisiana. In fact, it’s legal to place fantasy sports bets of all types in Louisiana — including fantasy sports, casino games, and more.
What are the best sports to bet on in Louisiana?
Great question! And one that we can’t really answer for you. However, we can provide you with some helpful tips to improve your sports betting skills. Make sure to research each sport or team before you place your bet — that way, you’ll have a greater chance of winning.