The state of Connecticut is home to some of the most exciting pro and collegiate sports leagues in the country. From football to basketball, hockey to lacrosse, baseball to soccer, the Nutmeg State has it all. In fact, there are so many great athletic opportunities that you could spend an entire month just attending events and not go to the same one twice. But what about if you want to make money on your favorite team? Are there any online sports best betting sites for CT residents? Let’s take a look…
Top 10 Best online Sports Betting Sites in Connecticut
Is Connecticut sports betting legal?
Absolutely. Connecticut has a long history of embracing sports gambling. In fact, the General Law enacted in the year 1935 allowed for sports betting. This makes Connecticut one of the earliest adopters of legal sports betting. Unfortunately, the state’s sports betting industry has been severely hampered by the Federal Wire Act, which basically makes sports wagering illegal in all states. Fortunately, the recent federal court ruling in New Jersey has opened the door to legal sports betting in Connecticut. As of September 2018, you can now place legal bets on sports in Connecticut with the click of a button.
How to start betting in Connecticut?
After years of waiting, sports betting is finally here. And if you’ve been itching to place your first bet, now is the perfect time to do it. To get started, all you need to do is pick one of our recommended sportsbooks and register an account with them. Once you’ve logged into your account, you’ll be prompted to enter your information and select your payment method.
From there, you can start placing wagers on all the exciting sports that we have to offer. Unfortunately, we don’t have sportsbooks that accept players from all of Connecticut. So the first thing you need to do is find a sportsbook that accepts players from your state.
Best offers and bonuses in Connecticut
There are some really great bonuses available to new Connecticut sports bettors. For example, one sportsbook offers new customers a 100% match of their first deposit. Another sportsbook offers a 100% deposit bonus up to $200. There are also some really great weekly and monthly promotions available to CT sports bettors. For example, one sportsbook offers a free $25 bet every Monday. Another sportsbook offers a free $50 bet every Monday.
Mobile sports betting in Connecticut
Connecticut sports bettors can bet on sports via their smartphones or tablets. And thanks to the rise of online sportsbooks, you don’t need to download any special apps or software to get started. Odds, lines, and other data are available online and on mobile web browsers. There are some minor differences between the mobile experience and the desktop experience, but for the most part, you’ll have access to the same data and features you would if you were betting from your computer.
Quick Facts: Betting on Sports in Connecticut
We have prepared some interesting facts for you about sports betting in Connecticut:
- The first sports betting in Connecticut was in the 1940s when the Bridgeport Athletes Club held a card game on Derby Day.
- One of the earliest sports betting houses in Connecticut was the Hartford Athletic Club.
- Connecticut is home to two professional sports teams, the Hartford Wailers (now the Carolina Hurricanes) and the New England Patriots.
- Basketball is the most popular sport in Connecticut.
- The Hartford Civic Center is one of the largest indoor sports and conference facilities in the Northeast.
- The Hartford Wolf Pack is one of the most successful clubs in the ECHL.
- The Connecticut Tigers are one of baseball's oldest leagues. - New York Giants and New York Jets are the state's NFL teams.
- New England Revolution is the state's MLS team.
- The Yale Bulldogs are the state's Division I soccer team.
- Connecticut is home to "The Greatest Sports Show on Earth.
Pros and Cons of Betting on Sports in Connecticut
Now that you know everything there is to know about sports betting in Connecticut, it's time to look at the pros and cons. With that in mind, let's take a look at the pros and cons of sports betting in Connecticut. The list below should give you a good idea of what you can expect as a sports bettor in the Muscat State.
- Sports betting in Connecticut is legal and regulated
- Plenty of great sports teams and sporting events to bet on
- Connecticut sports betting available on both computers and mobile devices
- Betting on sports in Connecticut is easy to get started
- You can win money by supporting your favorite teams and players
- Some people may feel guilty about making a profit on sports
- There is always the risk of losing money when betting on sports
- It can be difficult to stop betting once you have started
- You cannot bet on sports if you are under 18
- You need to make sure you have money management skills
- You must have a valid identity card
What sportsbooks accept CT residents?
You’ll find a full list of sportsbooks accepting real money wagers from CT residents above.
Are CT sports betting sites legal?
Yes, all of the sportsbooks listed above are completely legal. They are regulated by the state, so they are fully compliant with all CT gambling laws.
How does Connecticut regulate sports betting?
The state has put in place specific regulations for sports betting sites. These sites must pay a licensing fee to operate in CT and abide by all federal and state laws and regulations.