The state of Michigan is home to three professional sports leagues and a plethora of collegiate athletic programs. The state also features one of the most populated cities in the United States—Detroit. And with all of this action going on, it’s no surprise that Michiganders have grown accustomed to betting on their favorite teams and players. With so much action taking place in Michigan, it’s no surprise that people are itching to bet on local sporting events. But there are some regulations preventing people from placing wagers on their favorite team or player. Luckily, thanks to new legislation passed in 2018, you can now legally bet on sports—specifically, the ones played by professionals. Here is everything you should know about wagering on pro sports in Michigan.
Top 10 Best online Sports Betting Sites in Michigan
Is Michigan sports betting legal?
Yes! In fact, you’re probably going to find yourself wondering why it took so long to allow it. The state of Michigan legalized sports betting in early 2019, making it the 10th state in the United States to do so. There are now a total of 30 states that have legal sports betting. One major reason as to why it took so long to legalize sports betting in Michigan is because of its proximity to the border. With so many people living near the state’s border, there was major concern that sports betting would encourage people to get involved with illegal gambling.
How to start betting in Michigan?
If you’re ready to start betting on pro sports in Michigan, you’ll want to sign up for an online sportsbook. The first step is choosing which sportsbook you want to use. Fortunately, there are a plethora of options when it comes to sportsbooks in Michigan. You will likely want to choose an online sportsbook that is licensed in your state. This will make sure that the sportsbook is operating legally and is following all applicable regulations. Now, you should sign up for the sportsbook of your choice and create an account. Once you’re signed up and have an account, you’ll be able to log in and begin betting on your favorite pro sports.
Best offers and bonuses in Michigan
One of the best things about online sportsbooks is the fact that they often offer bonuses and special promotions. These bonuses and promotions allow you to bet with less of your own money—which is always a good thing. Now, you should keep an eye out for bonuses that involve no deposit. These types of bonuses allow you to bet with absolutely zero of your own money. You will essentially be getting free money to use on sports bets. This type of bonus is extremely rare and is not offered by many sportsbooks in Michigan. But you will occasionally find sportsbooks that are willing to give no deposit bonuses. If you’re looking for a more common bonus, you’ll want to look for a sportsbook that offers a deposit bonus. This type of bonus allows you to bet with less of your own money by using a special code.
Mobile sports betting in Michigan
If you want to bet on sports in Michigan on the go, you’ll want to use a mobile sportsbook. You can also use your mobile sportsbook to place wagers on the go. You can bet on any pro sports events on your mobile sportsbook. There are even mobile sportsbooks that allow you to bet on college basketball, baseball, and other sports. Now, you should go ahead and download the sportsbook app. Most mobile sportsbooks have their own app you can download. These apps will allow you to log in and use your sportsbook account to place wagers on the go. You can also view stats and other information related to different games and players. You should keep in mind that wagering on sports on your mobile sportsbook is just like using the app on your computer. You will need to have a login and special code from your sportsbook account. You also have to have funds available on your app to bet.
Quick Facts: Betting on Sports in Michigan
Here are some interesting facts about sports betting in Michigan:
- Michigan residents can bet on professional sports games at legal sports betting houses.
- There are several sports betting offices in Michigan, including the state's first legal sportsbook MGM Grand Detroit.
- State residents can also bet on college sports.
- Michigan's sports betting industry is expected to generate $60 million in revenue in its first year alone.
- At this time, the state has no plans to impose taxes or fees on the profits generated by sports betting.
- The governor of the state has said that the new revenue stream will go to fund state services that have been underfunded for too long.
Pros and cons of betting on sports in Michigan
There are some advantages and disadvantages to betting on sports in Michigan:
- No state tax on winnings - Michigan residents don't have to pay state taxes on their winnings.
- Variety of games and players to bet on - You have the ability to bet on any sport and any player.
- Huge selection of online sports to choose from
- You have a wide variety of online sports clubs to choose from.
- The state is vulnerable to recession - Because Michigan is an industrial state that relies heavily on the auto industry, it is especially vulnerable to an economic downturn.
- Tough Online Sports Betting Regulation - Michigan is one of the strictest states when it comes to online sports betting regulation.
Where can I legally bet on sports in Michigan?
As of June 2019, you can legally bet on sports at any of sportsbooks in Michigan. Some of these sportsbooks offer a mobile app that allows you to place your wagers on the go.
What sports are offered for betting in Michigan?
Depending on the sportsbook you visit, you can bet on sports such as football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and more. All of the sportsbooks in Michigan offer single-game wagers on sports like football, baseball, basketball, and hockey.
Can I bet on Michigan sports teams?
Yes, you can bet on Michigan teams. However, you’ll want to make sure that betting is still legal at the time of the event.